Tuesday, January 27, 2009

52 Weeks - 52 Images


The people I get to work with.


Cancun, Mexico


I love my new gallery!


The simple things


Hilton Head, SC

This is normally the time of year when I put together my personalized calendar together. Yes, I know January is a little late - but the end of the year usually ends up being so busy for me that I don't seem to be able to find the time. So yesterday I worked on my calendar and decided to go with a great 8x6 calendar from Miller's that allows one image per week - hence, 52 images. In looking back over the past year of images I was able to reflect on some of the changes in my photography, my business, and my personal life. This was the first year that I photographed images for a band, my first year to really get the opportunity to work with models and do more glamour photography, and also my first year to really do a full-fledged senior girl photo session.

2008 was also a great year of travel for me - I was able to travel to San Francisco and Napa Valley, Hilton Head, Jamaica, and Cancun. Some of my favorite images selected for my calendar remind me of the wonderful adventures I was able to share with my family in the past year. I redid my studio and my hallway gallery with images that I love - and really enjoy hearing the comments from my clients as they stop and look at my images. I added a natural light area to my studio, new furniture, and a new sales projection area. I was able to get back into photographing weddings with my sister in Texas and realize that I truly enjoy wedding photography and all that entails.

I have been influenced by the new styles in photography from my good friend Devon Jones, local and well known photographer Allison Rodgers, and the works of Chicago Photographer Audrey Woulard. I started blogging for the first time! I went live with a new website :) And I had the chance to work with more new clients than ever before.

I am so appreciative of all the good things that Candid Creations by Mary Photography has brought into my life. I hope as I work my way through all 52 weeks of this coming year that the images on my calendar remind me of the wonderful people I have been able to meet, the wonderful places I've been, and inspire me to have an even better next 52 weeks.

No comments: