Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Sewing Basket


I made my way to Louisville this past weekend to visit my daughter Jessica. On my way I got the phone call that she had to go in for an emergency root canal so I was glad at least that I was on my way there to be able to pamper her and give her some extra TLC. Tom's mom and dad were also stopping through on their way home to Texas from Ohio so it was a great chance to be able to see them again. Carolyn brought with her - her mom's sewing basket to give to me. Grandma Yerkey must have hand-sewn at least 50 to 60 quilts for her family members alone. I know I still have the beautiful quilt she gave to me as a wedding present 25 years ago. It means a lot to me to have this wonderful reminder from my Grandmother Yerkey of a patient talent and many hours of dedication to a beautiful piece of artwork.

1 comment:

Betty "CC" Gray said...

So in love with the story of the sewing box and the quilts. Very precious.