Friday, November 14, 2008

ART - Deep in the Heart of Texas






I've been silent on the bloggin of late but that is because I am in Texas - my birthplace and the home of all my family. But it doesn't mean I haven't been taking pictures! I'm here to help my sister Kathy out with a couple of back to back weddings but the second night I was here I got to experience Bryan, Texas nightlife at it's finest. We were downtown to scout the location for our first wedding and by chance Kathy's friend Kristy Petty was hosting her Grand Opening of Art979 - an art gallery featuring local artists and a unique breakfast and lunch place. Kristy opened her gallery on one of Bryan's once a month Art Step evenings so there was plenty of music and art and people walking around and we enjoyed it all. Downtown Bryan is a great place to hang out and have fun and I was just so glad I had my camera with me to capture some of the ambience of the place.

No comments: