Monday, October 27, 2008

2 Sisters + 2 Photographers = Magic!








Today I had an incredible opportunity to work with my friend and fellow photographer, Brian Grose. We met up at Starbucks and headed out to Coldwater, MS to photograph two beautiful girls for their senior portraits. And what better place to photograph these girls that have been home-schooled by their awesome parents Kathy and Tom, than at their lovely home complete with a pond, barn, and a wheat field! As Brian called it - "the compound" - it was an incredible acreage for sure. The temperatures had dropped considerably from yesterday and it was a chilly North wind that we had to contend with but Deanna and Jenna were brave enough to shed their jackets for short periods and let us get some awesome shots! I just love getting the opportunity to work with other photographers whether it is my project or theirs. Brian and I worked with each girl and while one photographed - the other worked my new favorite accessory - the simple reflector. It is amazing how much light can be bounced around outdoors. Now - the girls were freezing - but I don't think it showed. Thanks for a great day and the warm hospitality!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You guys look great! You are an awsome photographer! Keep it up! Deanna and Jenna are two of my best friends in the whole world and they look so awsome in these pics...i mean they are already two amazingly beautiful girls but these pics just...wow! lol

Betty "CC" Gray said...

OMG! These are awesome!!! I'm so jealous I didn't get to go! They're going to be tickled to death with these. Great job guys! Memphis Photographers rawk! :-)

Lori Putman said...

Wonderful! How awesome that you had such great natural backdrops too!

Kathy Norwood said...

Love picture #2. She is so cute and you caught the twinkle in her eyes. What a pretty area to take pictures.