Sunday, October 12, 2008

Creative Headshots




So what do photographers do for fun ...... they get together and play with their cameras and studio lights. That's just what we did yesterday here at my house. We had 10 photographers and 2 studios set up and 10 lighting challenges to work out. It was so much fun and I was able to try some new lighting techniques. One of my challenges was to try halo lighting - fellow photographer friend Colette has the best curly hair for a shot like this. Her hair just glowed! Then my other challenge was to light a subject with the main light behind them. Jason was great for this shot - it's more edgy than what I might use for woman - but it really works well for him. And Ronnie has the best face ever for low-key drama. The challenge on that one was to do a location shot and use a strobe but balance it with ambient lighting - Brian did a great job thinking outside the box on this one with how he set it up.

I just had a blast with everyone and learned so much. I can't wait to do something like this again!

3 comments:

david santos said...

Your blog is very creative. Congratulations!!!

Lori Putman said...

Your shots came out wonderful! What a blast we had at your home and you are a gracious host and moderator!

Betty "CC" Gray said...

Oh wow! You're so far ahead of me! I show you how to blog and you're just taking off! lolol

Your headshots look awesome! Hope to get mine edited today. Thanks again for letting us hang out at your place.